Energy – the will and skill of guidance
The project aims to improve the basic skills of the adult population needed in employment and education. These skills include for example
- reading and writing skills,
- mathematics skills,
- information technology skills,
- learning skills and
- everyday life management skills.
During the project trainers’ counselling skills will be improved and solution-focused counselling model will be introduced in adult education. When students’ learning capabilities, trainers’ counselling skills as well as personalisation methods in vocational education are improved, we believe that more and more students will reach the degree of professional competence required and will have better opportunities/chance to be placed in employment. The wider objective is a high class co-operation nationwide in adult education and the intensification of adult education aiming to have more degrees achieved.
- Training contents and the operating model of the education improving learning capabilities will be developed, piloted and put into practice in everyday life of vocational education.
- This model is based on the more effective personalisation in the application stage and more effective observation for students in needs of counselling.
- A functional, solution- and resource-centered pedagogical tool for counselling demands will be developed and piloted in order to improve the learning capabilities of the students. Also reinforcement of communication and group work skills, because it is important that students are able to work in different kind of groups and undestand the value of group work.
- The project will study how to operate effectively in the application stage, which are the most influencing subjects to improve learning capabilities, how the studies are carried out and how the labour market supports and will continuously support individual counselling in everyday life.
- We will strengthen our networks’ counselling expertise as well as support the creation of a multidisciplinary network cooperation amongst educators, public authorities and the third sector.
- Development tasks and training related to the counselling subjects such as the solution-focused methods of counselling will be organised for vocational trainers.
- Basic education management skills and individual student counselling are a solid ground for the success of an individual’s vocational training.
Adult Education Centre Kouvola (coordinator)
TAKK Tampere Adult Education Centre
LUKSIA, Länsi-Uusimaan koulutuskuntayhtymä,
Salo Region Educational Federation of Municipalities
EKAMI, Etelä- Kymenlaakso Vocational College, Adult Education
We operate the project as a solid network as well as in close cooperation with other Taitoa-projects. In this project we will make the existing expertise in our network visible and refine it further together.
”Together we will achieve more”
Project Manager at Puhti TAKK
+358 44 7906 396